Recipes

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The morning after

So it's the morning after my small internal debate over giving up meat once again and all because of Food Inc.. Problem is, I had to go grocery shopping this morning and one of the local stores had grain fed turkeys on sale for .99 a lb. That's really cheap so how could I not buy one? a really big one? Turkey is my most favorite after all and like I said, it was cheap. So maybe I'll think about this again next week because that's about how long it will take to finish all of the leftovers. I should make my own documentary and call it 'Food guilt".

Dh and I were talking last night about how nice it would be to have a small hobby farm where we could keep some chickens and a few turkeys (free roaming of course) and a large garden. Maybe some fruit trees and a gazebo with grape vines that produce huge purple ones for jelly. Fresh eggs every morning and my very own herb garden in a small green house for use all year long. I already make trips to the farmers market a few times a summer for large quantities of peppers, tomatoes, basil and berries for preserving so I've got that part down pat. As for having a green thumb and feeding animals....well I'm a fast learner. I do have a dog you know.

Our Labradoodle Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment