Recipes

Monday, March 1, 2010

Egg white pumpkin pancake

This blogging thing is starting to consume a lot of time, I've spent most of today either blogging, taking pics or thinking of my next blog. I can see this getting addictive and I'm going to have to becareful not to ramble about nothing too much although dh keeps telling me that's what I'm supposed to do. Since he's working from home for the next few weeks and I'm scheduling appts for moving estimates and house repairs before the new owners move in my gym schedule is a bit wacky. I'm not going until the boy finishes work this afternoon so I also have to change up my eating times which I'm really not good at, I'm definitely a routine type of girl. Today I'll try and run 3 miles on the treadmill and then do chest. I tried something different for lunch today (mostly because I need some recipes for this blog) but also because I need to start getting more protein. I made an eggwhite pancake.

First I whipped 8 egg whites with 1/2 tsp cream of tartar until thick and frothy. Add 1 tsp pumpkin spice, 1/4 cup canned pumpkin and 1/4 cup wheat bran. Then I put this mixture in a greased nonstick frying pan until browned on the bottom.

Next I baked the pancake at 350 until browned and slightly firm.


I added some 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt (recipe to follow soon), 1/4 cup blueberries and 4 whole walnuts chopped. The cup has a bit of sugar free syrup in it. I worked the calorie count out to be 355 calories, 10.5g fat, 29g carbs and 41g protein. Next time I would use 6 egg whites as it was a bit much. It was really good though and very filling.






















No comments:

Post a Comment