Recipes

Monday, May 17, 2010

Vegetable curry soup

Happy Monday!  I know....mostly Monday's suck but I can't help but be in a good mood when it's sunny and 26 degrees, must be the Vit D.   Yesterday I pulled out all the tanks, flip flops and shorts and tucked the heavy sweaters away - who doesn't love that?  Last night I needed to use up my abundance of veggies that were all mostly on the 'verge' of giving up and through it all in the Vitamix and then finished it off on the stove with tons of curry and spices.  I added a whole bag of frozen Lima beans and then topped the soup with Greek yogurt, shredded coconut, cilantro and some tomatoes.    It was very delish and super filling.
Steam a butternut squash (I just nuke it as is)
After blending the cooked squash, 3 carrots, 1/2 onion, 6 cloves of garlic (yup 6!), 2 stalks of celery, 1 green pepper, 1 Serrano pepper, 2 cups of stock and 1 can diced tomatoes,  I added the Lima beans, 1 tbsp curry powder, 2 tsp ground coriander,  3 tsp cumin, salt n pepper to taste, 2 tbsp yellow curry paste, 1 tbsp brown sugar and the juice of 1 lemon.    Whew!  sounds like a lot but I seriously threw everything into the blender and then poured in a large pot (then added all spices).   Let it simmer covered for a good hour and voila!      nuthin but veggie soup with tons of flavor.    


And I couldn't forget little daisy the other picky eater in the family.  I think she finds it an insult that I feed her dog food and will only eat it when she's completely starving.  

Looks like poop :)   These are homemade dog treats and she actually likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment